Pro instalaci nového firmwaru je třeba router přepnout do diagnostického módu.
Note: In diag mode, the router takes the address stored in nvram, usually 192.168.1.1, but if you changed the router's IP address in its original firmware or in the previously installed OpenWrt, it will use that. Once the installation is complete, the router's IP address will always be 192.168.1.1. In the further sections 192.168.1.1 is assumed.
To put the router in the diag mode, do this:
- Unplug the router's power cord.
- Confirm your PC is configured to use a fixed IP in the 192.168.1.0/24 range (do not use .1).
- Connect the router's LAN1 port directly to your PC.
- Push the black RESTORE button using a pen or such, and keep the button pushed down.
- Plug the power on while keeping the RESTORE button pushed for few seconds.
- When you see a slowly blinking power light, you are in diag mode.
- Now the router should accept an image via TFTP or via the ASUS firmware restoration tool.
It responds to ping, so you can confirm that it is in diag mode and ready for the tftp by using "ping 192.168.1.1".
It is possible to install OpenWrt using a TFTP client when the router is in diag mode.
- Execute the TFTP commands below:
- Linux (or Mac OS X)
tftp 192.168.1.1 (replace it with its real ip address) tftp> binary tftp> trace tftp> put openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx
- After the TFTP upload is complete, wait at least six minutes. The firmware is first loaded into the RAM, and then flashed. This process takes a little time, and to ensure that the router is not bricked you should wait six minutes.
- The router will reboot itself automatically after the upgrade is complete. Rebooting may take a while. It might be the case that the router does not reboot by itself; if this happens it should be safe to wait for the period mentioned and then to do a manual reboot (pull the power-cord).
- You are done! You should be able to telnet to your router (IP address: 192.168.1.1 - even if you were using another one previously) and start configuring.
- Windows 7 does not install its tftp client as default, you have to manually add it. Earlier version do include it in their default installations.
- Netkit's tftp doesn't work quite often; use atftp.
- After TFTP upload is complete, DON'T reboot (replug) too early! It might brick your router.
- Potřebuje atftp
./ping_atftp 192.168.1.1 openwrt-brcm-2.4-squashfs.trx
cz/toh/asus/wl550ge.txt · Last modified: 2013/07/30 14:17 by kaklik