Boards based on the old Atheros AR231x/AR5312 CPUs. The AR531x/231x is a platform by Atheros, which is used for dual-band and single-band 108Mb/s routers and APs. It is also referred as a WiSoC - Wireless System-on-a-Chip, and the radio inside often refereed as RoC - Radio-on-a-Chip as it is contained on a distinct chip.
1. AR5001 generation (802.11a only)
2. AR5002 generation (first dual-band designs)
3-4. AR5003 and AR5004 generation (Super-AG technology) The AR5003 got merged into the AR5004. The new WiSoCs are/were in production, but they were not announced.
5. AR5005 generation (MIMO technology, onboard AES engine, serial flash)
6. AR5006 generation (single-chip solutions)
7. AR5007 generation (radical decrease of Bill of materials)