This document describes the steps to configure the DDNS Client via LuCI to use Hurricane Electric's Free DNS Service. In this example I will show the steps to configure host.example.com domain to update with your router's public IP address.
Login to your registrar or edit your DNS Zone file to add the NS records for host.example.com to point to ns1.he.net through ns4.he.net (4 NS records total).
- Login to https://dns.he.net/ and "Add a new domain" for host.example.com
- Edit the host.example.com zone entry and add click "New A" and enter the Name of "@" and check the "Enable entry for dynamic dns" checkbox.
- For the newly created A record, find the DDNS column and click the "Generate a DDNS key" circle arrow icon.
- Generate a new password and copy that text for later before you save the form.
On your OpenWrt router under Services > Dynamic DNS enable the service with this configuration:
- Event interface: wan
- Service: he.net
- Hostname: host.example.com
- Username: host.example.com
- Password: [the DDNS key you saved above]
- Source of IP address: URL
Save and Apply.
That should do it. If the above is useful and you use Hover to register a domain you can toss the author a buck credit with this referral link: https://hover.com/hUyus9hH
doc/howto/ddns.client/hurricaneelectricfreedns.txt · Last modified: 2014/02/03 21:00 by sandymac