There are 4 ways to obtain an OpenWrt firmware image file:
- Download a pre-assembled (prebuilt) image file from the downloads section. Recommended
- Use the Image Generator to generate an OpenWrt firmware image file yourself. (Generate in terms of compose, arrange, assort, lump together)
- Use the SDK to cross-compile packages. This process involves:
- downloading the SDK-zip-file.
- using this SDK to crosscompile OpenWrt packages.
- generating an OpenWrt firmware image file(s).
- Use the OpenWrt Buildroot to do everything from scratch. This process involves:
- retrieving the source code via
- compiling the toolchain (SDK).
- using the just compiled toolchain to crosscompile OpenWrt packages.
- using the Image Generator to generate OpenWrt firmware image file(s).
doc/howto/obtain.firmware.txt · Last modified: 2012/11/12 16:11 by uvray313
This text is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.