Explanations for the average person:
- This Video: YT 41minutes at Time point ~ 21:00 explains CoDel
- it also explains Fair Queue CoDel
- but is does not explain HFSC!!!
- measure the latency in the queue (from ingress to egress, via time stamping on entry and checking the timestamp on exit
- when latency exceeds tartget, think about dropping a packet
- after latency exceeds target, drop a packet at the HEAD of the queue (not the tail!)
- if that does not fix it, after a shorter interval (inverse sqrt), drop the net packet sooner, again at the HEAD
- keep decreasing the interval between drops until the latency in the queue drops below target
- we start with 100ms at the interval of the estimate and 5ms as the target (for 4Mbit/s and up) 10Gbig/s needs a smaller target.
- below 4Mbit/s … well, we don't know
doc/howto/packet.scheduler/sch_codel.txt · Last modified: 2013/08/10 20:45 by lorema
This text is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.