The device is supported in OpenWrt since Kamikaze 8.09.
|Flash size:||8 MB (up to 16MB)|
|RAM:||32 MB (Max 64MB) DDR SDRAM|
|Wireless:||2 x MiniPCI slots , support all Compex MiniPCI cards|
|Ethernet:||1 x 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet Port (with Auto MDI/MDIX)|
|USB:||2 x USB 2.0 ports (Optional)|
If you want to upload firmware to router by tftp, you will have to turn your device to this mode. The procedure is following:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- Plug the device (still hold the button).
- Wait until the Diagnostic LED (second from the left) starts flashing quickly. (This will happen almost immediately.)
- Now release the reset button. Your router is in Restore mode.
Set your ethernet interface into static mode (IP address 192.168.168.10, netmask 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.168.1), put your router into Restore mode and upload the firmware by TFTP using the following commands (replace XXXXXX with wp543):
$ tftp 192.168.168.1 tftp> binary tftp> trace tftp> put openwrt-ar71xx-wp543.bin
Diagnostic LED will now stop blinking for a while; if the flashing procedure is successfully done, it will start blinking slowly. Now reboot your router manually (turn off - turn on) and OpenWrt will boot.
- Compex loader version 2.54 or above.
- OpenWRT will only be supported on WP543 with 4MB NOR flash and above.
- Please ensure that the Ethernet connection is able to ping address = 192.168.168.1
- If there is a USB NAND flash available on board, you would need to change the loader configuration. Please refer to “what to do if there is a onboard NAND Flash”.
1. Getting source codes
svn co –r 12448 https://snv.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk
2. Apply patches from the files mod-wp543.tgz (resource url)
tar zxvf mod-wp543.tgz cp –a mod-wp543/* trunk/
cd trunk cp wp543.config .config make
OpenWRT Firmware will be in bin/openwrt-ar71xx-wp543.bin
a. Via Compex Firmware
- Put the AP in Firmware Upgrade mode and upload the file.
- This file is for WP543 with 4MB or 8MB NOR flash.
b. Via TFTP
- Go to the firmware upgrade mode (By pressing and hold the Reset button and plug-in the power adapter).
- Upload the OpenWRT image to the device (tftp –i 192.168.168.1 put openwrt-ar71xx-wp543.bin)
Both madwifi and ath9k work well with all Compex MiniPCI cards. You will need some wireless authenticator and/or supplicant (wpad-mini/wpad/wpa-supplicant/hostpad/hostapd-mini).
Madwifi doesn't support MAC changes through UCI on this architecture. If you want to change of wireless MAC, see this.
This page has been assembled from a number of different pages from the old wiki and the current wiki. Refer to them for more (possibly outdated) information.
toh/compex/mmc543ahv.txt · Last modified: 2013/03/13 08:08 by compexsystems