- 1 RJ-11 ADSL port
- 4 RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet LAN switch ports with auto MDI/MDIX
- Built-in 802.11g WLAN
- 1 or 2 USB ports
As with all BCM63XX devices, there is no support for the integrated DSL modem.
|Version/Model||H/W Rev||Launch Date||S/N||OpenWrt Version Supported||Model Specific Notes|
|DSL-2650U/BRU/D||D1||08-Apr-2009||-||10.03 (patched)||1 x USB|
|DSL-2650U/BRU/D2||D2||14-May-2010||-||10.03 (patched)||2 x USB|
|MTS DSL-2650U||?(D1)||05-Apr-2010||-||?||1 x USB for 3G modem 1)|
|DSL-2650BU||B1||?||-||-||2 x USB, WPS|
|DSL-2650U (Mod) 2)||All||-||-||2 x USB, WPS, 1 x WAN, 2 x ExtAnt|
|Broadcom 6358||300MHz||32MiB||8MiB||4 x 1||Yes||Yes||Yes?|
Please check out the article Flash Layout. It contains an example and a couple of explanations.
- Get the firmware openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin
- Unplug the power cord
- Press the reset button, don't release it yet!
- Plug the power cord
- Wait 10 seconds
- Release the reset button
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1
- Select openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin file
- Upgrade the image
- Wait for it to reboot
- Telnet to 192.168.1.1 and set a root password, or browse to http://192.168.1.1 if LuCI is installed.
If you want to upgrade using TFTP you follow these steps (as an alternative to the above install process.
If you have already installed OpenWrt and like to reflash for e.g. upgrading to a new OpenWrt version you can upgrade using the mtd command line tool. It is important that you put the firmware image into the ramdisk (/tmp) before you start flashing.
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/mini/system/upgrade/ LuCI Upgrade URL
- Upload image file for sysupgrade to LuCI
- Wait for reboot
- Login as root via SSH on 192.168.1.1
- Use the following commands to upgrade.
cd /tmp/ wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm63xx/openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin sysupgrade /tmp/openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin
- If sysupgrade does not support this router, use the following commands.
cd /tmp/ wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm63xx/openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin mtd write /tmp/openwrt-DSL2650U-squashfs-cfe.bin && reboot
→ Basic configuration After flashing, proceed with this.
Set up your Internet connection, configure wireless, configure USB port, etc.
|CPU/Speed||BMIPS4350 V1.0 / 300 Mhz BMIPS Dual Core|
|Flash size:||8 MiB|
|RAM-Chip :||K4H561638H-UCCC / DDR-400|
|RAM size :||32 MiB|
|Wireless:||Broadcom 4318 (mini-pci)|
|Ethernet:||Broadcom BCM5325 w/ vlan support swconfig|
|ADSL:||5V Line Driver AnnexA LAL2020|
→ port.serial general information about the serial port, serial port cable, etc.
How to connect to the Serial Port (JP1) of this specific device:
[x] : TX [x] : GND [x] : VCC 3.3V [ ] [x] : RX
- Speed - 115200
- Data bits - 8
- Stop bits - 1
- Parity - None
- Flow control - XON/XOFF
- as a beginner, you really should inform yourself about soldering in general and then obtain some practical experience!
Main PCB Mods
Photo of PCB Mods
Adding WAN port
The board cut section the track going to the built-in antenna (coil on the board), and part of a track udischy in Wi-Fi module and add a screen between the connector / cable external antenna.
D2 - WPS D4 - second USB port D10 - ? (can be: WAN port on CPU)
Need to unsolder not getting the circuit elements, such as, USB port, LED (D4), circuitry for power supply. This action turns the device D1 ⇒ D2
- P4 Ethernet port RJ45 1X1 connector without shield
- T2 Single 10/100 Base-tx Lan Magnetic: 12ps6121c.pdf
- R196, R197, R201, R202 75 Ohm 0805 size smd resistor
- С136 Electrolytic capacitor (I used 220uF*16V)
- U14 Unknown IC (just short circuit pads 3 & 5)
The board involves the installation of a button (SW3) and LED (D2), it is necessary to check.
The original GPL sourcecode v1.00 can be downloaded Here. It consist on a Linux 2.? kernel with binary Broadcom tools&drivers and sourcecode of the kernel and the rest of tools.
The lastest original firmware (v1.20 at 27.06.11) can be found Here
toh/d-link/dsl-2650u.txt · Last modified: 2014/10/05 23:07 by rutsky