Tested with trunk r32682 openwrt firmware image.
Usb, wifi, lan, all seem to work.
This device is very similar to Dovado 3GN, Same board, cpu.
Since trunk rev 33300, all lan ports including wan port acts as a dumb switch. There is no NAT. This is not yet fixed and it is related to swich functionality which was added from rev 33300. Everything is working good up to rev. 33298. So remember to compile your own working image.
The bug might be fixed in r34379 as claimed in #12125
A working (but maybe older) firmware from this thread. This is an outdated howto.
|BAUD RATE||BITS||PARITY||FLOW CONTROL|
NOTE: This method was tested on firmware 2.21b available at Edimax Poland:
- Enable telnet server
- Log in to www interface, lets assume it is at address http://router
- In address bar go to hidden sub-page: http://router/syscmd.asp
- In input box enter:
/usr/sbin/telnetd -l /bin/ash
- Test if telnet server is working: telnet to the router
- Note: this hack may not work on all firmware versions, I have tested it successfully on 2.21b. (Does not work on 2.22f, 2.24g and 2.26c: A link to busybox exists, but busybox was compiled without this plugin).
- Download flash files to router and start flashing process
- Statically compiled "mtd" programm can be downloaded from this link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7157357/My-files/mtd
- Firmware file available here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7157357/My-files/openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
cd /tmp wget .../openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin wget .../mtd chmod a+x mtd ./mtd -r write openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin Kernel:RootFS
- connect to and configure your device: 192.168.1.1, the luci interface should show up
- In case of problems it should be possible to flash back to original firmware via tftp firmware restore method.
- Unplug power from Edimax
- Press Wps/Reset button, and hold it while plugging in power
- Manually set IP address on your PC.
IP Address: 192.168.1.2 Netmask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- download tftp utility http://philippe.jounin.pagesperso-orange.fr/tftpd32.html, and send original firmware file to 192.168.1.6
- make sure you use binary mode (using text mode may result in infinite slow flashing of wifi led)
- perhaps waiting 5-10 minutes after firmware upload would be sufficient for it to flash
- after flash you may see your settings from prior OpenWRT installation restored
To be able to control Wi-Fi with wlan on/off switch which is located next to antenna port, you have to make two scripts and put them into /etc/hotplug.d/button folder.
mkdir /etc/hotplug.d/button cd /etc/hotplug.d/button touch 00-wlanPut this script into 00-wlan (this script switches WIFI ON):
if [ "$ACTION" = "pressed" ]; then if [ "$BUTTON" = "BTN_0" ]; then uci set wireless.@wifi-device.disabled=0 && uci commit && wifi up fi fiNow make the second script:
touch 01-wlanPut this script into 01-wlan (this script switches WIFI OFF):
if [ "$ACTION" = "released" ]; then if [ "$BUTTON" = "BTN_0" ]; then uci set wireless.@wifi-device.disabled=1 && uci commit && wifi down fi fi
Now you can switch wifi on/off with the wlan switch :)
Device is suported in Trunk since 32682
svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk/ cd trunk make menuconfig
- Select "Target System" as (Ralink RT288x/RT3xxx)
- Select "Subtarget" as (RT305x based boards)
- Select "Target Profile" as (Default Profile)
- Exit, and save.
- After compilation the firmware file is in /bin/ramips/ folder named as "openwrt-ramips-rt305x-3g-6200n-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin"
Ap-client (STA mode) doesn't workWORKS !
- Failsafe not working…WIP
- Find the way to flash the openwrt firmware from original edimax web interface
- multi-ssid: ap only might work, for sta/ap setup perhaps https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12133
Polish forum openrouter.info from which this device was hacked by Ahajda and Lgolebio users.
toh/edimax/3g-6200n.txt · Last modified: 2013/09/13 20:57 by avalon