The PS1208MFG is a tiny printserver which was sold with some Epson Wifi printers. It features Wifi, 1 ethernet and 1 USB 2.0 port.
NOTE: This device features a 2MiB NOR Flash which is not supported by the standard OpenWRT distributions and you will have to compile your own OpenWRT Image (which is simple).
|Version/Model||Launch Date||S/N||OpenWrt Version Supported||Model Specific Notes|
|Broadcom BCM5354@240MHz||32MiB||2MiB NOR||1 port||1 USB 2.0||Yes||Yes||a/b/g|
Please check out the article Flash Layout. It contains an example and a couple of explanations.
Installing via TFP IS possible using the default bootloader. NOTE:It is recommended to have serial access in order to see what happens on the printserver. To do such :
- Plug an ethernet cable between the printserver and your computer
- Set your computer IP address to 192.168.2.254
- Setup a TFTP server on your computer
- Put the OpenWRT in the tftp directory and name it upgrade.bin
- Plug the printserver while pressing the reset button
- The LAN led will blink faster for ~3sec
- Then wait that the printserver is booted
If you have already installed OpenWrt and like to reflash for e.g. upgrading to a new OpenWrt version you can upgrade using the mtd command line tool. It is important that you put the firmware image into the ramdisk (/tmp) before you start flashing.
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/mini/system/upgrade/ LuCI Upgrade URL
- Upload image file for sysupgrade to LuCI
- Wait for reboot
→ Basic configuration After flashing, proceed with this.
Set up your Internet connection, configure wireless, configure USB port, etc.
The default network configuration is:
|Interface Name||Description||Default configuration|
|br-lan||LAN & WiFi||192.168.1.1/24|
→ hardware.button on howto use and configure the hardware button(s).
The PS1208-MFG has one reset button.
|System-On-Chip:||BCM5354 KFBG rev3|
|CPU/Speed||Broadcom BCM3302 V2.9 240 Mhz|
|Flash-Chip:||MX29LV160CBTC (2MB BotB nor flash)|
|Flash size:||2048 KiB|
|Wireless:||Broadcom BCM4318 802.11abg Wireless Controller 18.104.22.168|
|Ethernet:||Broadcom BCM47xx 100/100 Mbps Ethernet Controller 22.214.171.124|
|USB:||Yes 1 x 2.0|
Note: This will void your warranty!
- To remove the cover, remove the 2 screws located behind the casing
- Then unclip the 2 parts of the casing using a small screwdriver.
→ port.jtag general information about the JTAG port, JTAG cable, etc.
→ port.serial general information about the serial port, serial port cable, etc.
How to connect to the JTAG Port of this specific device:
toh/edimax/ps-1208mfg.txt · Last modified: 2013/06/15 19:58 by lorema