Also know as Multilaser RE039, this is a TL-WR741ND v1 rebrand for Multilaser, and will only accept firmware with Multilaser vendor bytes (in the file header). Others 3rd party(OpenWRT/DD-Wrt/TP-Link) firmwares does not have those bytes.
- Download this tool: TP-Link_hardware_ID_modifier.exe. The software is in Chinese , but it's really simple to use, you do not need to see the menus.
- Download the oldest firmware from TP-Link WR741ND v1 webpage.
- Open the software, choose the original firmware, than change the values: first col (0x40-0x43) repeat code 07410001, and next col (0x44-0x47) write 00280001.
- Some message will show in the software, about 5 lines. Then the original firmware was changed (check date modified of file).
- Open your browser, and do the firmware update normally. (don't do this through wireless).
- After that, your router will restart with TP-Link original firmware.
For next firmware update, you DON'T need to change the vendor bytes again, just download the latest firmware from TP-Link website and proceed to update.
All new mod/change now can be done according the original wiki page of TL-WR741ND.
Not tested yet, but should work same as TP-Link WR741 compatibility page.
How change ID vendor bytes:
Use it at your risk!
— xpiolx 2014/02/22 00:22
toh/multilaser/re027.txt · Last modified: 2014/02/26 15:18 (external edit)