Also know as Multilaser RE039, this is a rebranded TP-Link TL-WR741ND v1 from Multilaser (brazilian vendor), and will only accept firmwares with Multilaser vendor ID bytes (in the file header).
Other compatible firmwares(TP-Link, OpenWRT, Gargoyle, DD-WRT) use different vendor IDs, or does not come with those bytes (which are needed for switching the stock firmware, otherwise you will get TP-Link error 18005).
- Download this tool: Firmware_hardware_ID_modifier.exe - The tool is in Chinese, but it's really simple to use.
- Download a compatible TP-Link WR741ND v1 firmware. (TP-Link or 3rd party)
- Open the tool, choose firmware, and edit the values: (0x40-0x43) 07410001 [router model], and (0x44-0x47) change from 00000001 to 00280001 [vendor id]
- Some message will pop up. The firmware headers are now changed.
- Open your browser, and upgrade the firmware normally by the web GUI. (don't do this through wireless)
- Your router will then restart with the TP-Link / 3rd party firmware.
For the next firmware updates, you don't need to change vendor ID bytes again.
Everything can now be done like it was an original TL-WR741ND v1
* This can be applied to many other rebranded routers using the same hardware.
How to change vendor ID bytes:
(2) is router model
(3) is vendor ID
toh/multilaser/re027.txt · Last modified: 2014/08/25 23:26 by edgrd