|Version/Model||Launch Date||S/N||OpenWrt Version Supported||Model Specific Notes|
|WNR3500U||?||-||V1 since trunk 2013-01-11||partial support based on OpenWrt claimed here|
|WNR3500L||?||-||V1 since trunk 2013-01-11||-|
|WNR3500U||Broadcom BCM4718A@480MHz||64MiB||8MiB||4 x 1||Yes||Yes||?|
|WNR3500Lv2||Broadcom BCM5357||128MiB||128MiB NAND||4 x 1||yes||yes||?|
wnr3500L V2 is not supported by OpenWrt!
wnr3500L V1 partially work in trunk since 2013-01-11 (bug 7198).
- Prepare firmware
- Build firmware
make image PROFILE=Broadcom-bgmac-b43for the open source b43 wireless driver (wireless-G only)
make image PROFILE=Broadcom-bgmac-wlfor the proprietary wl wireless driver(needed for wireless-N)
- Your firmware will be bin/brcm47xx/openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx
- If your current firmware don't allow write arbitrary files to mtd, use dd-wrt image
- dd-wrt image can be used for flash device after pin-short debricking/reseting
- Configure network on your machine (lan, 192.168.1.0/24)
- Set login over web 192.168.1.1 and telnet to router
- Copy firmware to router
scp firstname.lastname@example.org.X:path/to/openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx /tmp/
- Write firmware
mtd -r write /tmp/openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx linux
- Now you should have access to openwrt by telnet and start configure it.
Using stock firmware (including Barrier Breaker) the USB socket is powered down during shutdown. (see ticket) The following solution is confirmed to work with b53 wifi driver and official barrier breaker build:
nvram set board_id=U12H136T99_NETGEAR
nvram set boardflags=0x00000710
Followed by a cold reboot (power cycle).
Note: The router's serial port uses 3.3v logic, do not connect a regular 12v serial cable to it.
- Assign your computer a static IP address(i.e. 192.168.1.2) and connect to port 4 on the router
- Open serial terminal. See Serial for pinout and specs.
- Reboot router and press Ctrl+C as soon as you see CFE messages
- At the CFE> prompt, enter 'tfptd' to start the tftp server
- The router is now waiting for a tfpt connection, follow the tftp guide for more information
- Note: the router is expecting a .chk file. You must use the stock firmware or the dd-wrt initial flashing image.
- The router will reboot automatically when the process is complete
- SoC: Broadcom BCM4718A
- Switch : Broadcom BCM53115s
To open the box, remove the screw on the right side (when standing up), then push and slide the right cover to the bottom (where the screw is)…
Netgear 3500Lv2 board
This device has 2 programmable buttons (classic reset button and WPS on the front). There is also an on/off switch on the rear side.
A 1x6 pin header (JP1) is already soldered in this router.
Serial port settings are 115200@8n1. USB to TTL modules are self powered and only need 3 wires (RX, TX and GND).
Connect first GND, then TX to the RX pin of USB Module. It also works with these 2 pins only for readonly. VCC +3,3V pin is used for powering non USB RS232-TTL cables.
For some Help with the Tags, please have a look here: tags
toh/netgear/wnr3500l.txt · Last modified: 2014/10/12 12:58 by theoradicus