The T-Home Speedport W 303V is a IAD sold by T-Com with a ADSL2+ Annex B Modem, 11n Wifi and two FXS ports as well as a S0 bus connector.
There are 2 models of it, "Typ A" and "Typ B" having completely different hardware. Click here for "Typ A".
|Broadcom BCM6358@300MHz||32MiB||8MiB||1 + ADSL||No||Yes||No|
|CPU/Speed||BMIPS4350 V1.0 / 300 Mhz BMIPS Dual Core|
|Flash size:||8 MiB|
|RAM size :||32 MiB|
|Internet:||ADSL2+ Annex B (unsupported)|
- To remove the cover you have two remove two screws, then open a total of eight plastic clips. These are very easy to break.
The Speedport W 303V comes pre equipped with a serial header with 3.3V TTL. The serial console is available on J3
serial connector J3 |---| | o | GND | o | RX | o | TX | o | 3.3V |---| <Ethernet/RJ45 Ports are on this side>
The serial port is the typical 3.3V TTL serial commonly found on router and router-like devices, NOT a PC-style RS-232 serial, with it's different signaling voltages. It's 115200 8-N-1 without hardware or software control.
This section deals with how you install OpenWrt from a device freshly opened.
- Configure your PC to use an IP from 192.168.2.0/24 (not .1)
- Press and hold reset, power on the device
- Wait until all leds are lit, then stop pressing reset
- Browse to http://192.168.2.1
- Upload openwrt-SPW303V-squashfs-cfe-factory.bin file to router
- Wait for it to reboot
- Telnet to 192.168.1.1 and set a root password, or browse to http://192.168.1.1 if LuCI is installed.
NOTE: If you are using this to recover from a non working flash, you have to first upload a stock firmware using the same procedure, then flash OpenWrt.
If you have already installed OpenWrt and like to reflash for e.g. upgrading to a new OpenWrt version you can upgrade using the sysupgrade command line tool. It is important that you put the firmware image into the ramdisk (/tmp) before you start flashing.
Note: You need the -sysupgrade.bin file for upgrading.
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/mini/system/upgrade/ LuCI Upgrade URL
- Upload image file for sysupgrade to LuCI
- Wait for reboot
- Login as root via SSH on 192.168.1.1
- Use the following commands to upgrade.
cd /tmp/ wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/brcm63xx/generic/openwrt-SPW303V-squashfs-cfe-sysupgrade.bin sysupgrade openwrt-SPW303V-squashfs-cfe-sysupgrade.bin
→ Basic configuration After flashing, proceed with this.
Set up your Internet connection, configure wireless, configure USB port, etc.
The default network configuration is:
|Interface Name||Description||Default configuration|
|br-lan||LAN & WiFi||192.168.1.1/24|
Installation the proprietary Broadcom drivers
opkg install kmod-brcm-wl wlc
→ hardware.button on howto use and configure the hardware button(s).
The Speedport W 303V has two buttons. They are Reset and Secure Easy Setup. Here, we merely name the buttons, so we can use them in the above Howto:
|Secure Easy Setup||ses|
The Bootloader (CFE) is password protected. To abort autoboot you have to either hold the reset button long enough to enter recovery mode or enter
TCO& when it counts down for autoboot.
toh/t-com/spw303v-b.txt · Last modified: 2013/05/14 14:36 by danitool