ADSL Wireless Voice Gateway, series CPVA642. Some Fastweb HAGs (italian broadband provider) have this hardware.
Supported, but without ADSL.
- Attitude Adjustment (12.09):
|BCM96358||32MiB||8MiB||4 x 1||Yes||Yes||Yes||ADSL|
Initial installation can be done from the stock firmware web interface, or from the CFE web interface. Unfortunately installation via TFTP seems to have been disabled for this device.
One important note is that the CPVA642 models have a dual image setup. That means if an image fails to boot, the system will fall back to the other image installed, for the stock firmware. We don't actually want this, because it means that if you flash via the CFE web interface when there is already a good image, the image will not be written to the start of flash but to a point 4MB from the start (i.e. as if there were two 4MB images). This confuses OpenWRT.
That means if you have a successfully flash image and you want to flash via the CFE web interface, you need to erase everthing except the bootloader first.
|CPU/Speed||BMIPS4350 V1.0 / 300 Mhz BMIPS Dual Core|
|Flash size:||8 MiB|
|RAM size :||32 MiB|
|Ethernet:||Broadcom BCM5325 w/ vlan support swconfig|
Photo of front
Photo of back
Note: This will void your warranty!
- To remove the top cover there are 3 screws hidden under the rubber feet
- There are two screws holding the PCB to the bottom cover.
Photo of PCB (HW version: cpa-znte60fwb)
Serial port is marked in the picture: on the right of the switch chip BCM5325 find two soldered holes enclosed in squares. The left one, above R707 is Receive data, the right above R706 is Transmit. Level 3V. Gnd is the hole near c809, +3Vcc is the hole near C313
How to connect to JTAG interface, and how to reflash the device with JTAG tools
See port.jtag for more JTAG details.
If you forgot your password, broken one of the startup scripts, firewalled yourself or corrupted the JFFS2 partition, you can get back in by using OpenWrt's failsafe mode.
- Unplug the router's power cord.
- Connect the router's LAN1 port directly to your PC.
- Configure your PC with a static IP address between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.254. E. g. 192.168.1.2 (gateway and DNS is not required).
- Plug the power in. The Power LED will light up
- Wait for the Power LED to start flashing
- As soon as the Power LED is flashing immediately press Reset and a few times .
- If done right the Power LED will quickly flash 3 times every second.
- You should be able to telnet to the router at 192.168.1.1 now (no username and password)
NOTE: The root file system in failsafe mode is the SquashFS partition mounted in readonly mode. To switch to the normal writable root file system run mount_root and make any changes. Run mount_root now.
- Forgot/lost your password and you like to set a new one
- Forgot the routers IP address
uci get network.lan.ipaddr
- You accidentally run 'ipkg upgrade' or filled up the flash by installing to big packages (clean the JFFS2 partition and start over)
mtd -r erase rootfs_data If you are done with failsafe mode power cycle the router and boot in normal mode.
The CPA has two buttons. They are Reset and Wireless Setup. The buttons can be used with hotplug events. E. g. [#wifitoggle WiFi toggle].
|Wireless Protected Setup||wps|
toh/telsey/cpa-znte60t.txt · Last modified: 2013/10/15 19:11 (external edit)