Manufacturer Link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=730
GPL Source code: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1701&sid=177&lang=en
|Name||Western Digital My Net N600|
|Wifi Supported||802.11 abgn|
|LAN Ethernet||4 x 10/100|
|WAN Ethernet||1 x 10/100|
Supported in OpenWRT version: BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r38181) onwards.
1) Download the file openwrt-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n600-squashfs-factory.bin
2) Configure your computers IP address to 192.168.1.10 and connect to a LAN port in the router.
3) Turn the router off.
4) Using a paperclip, press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the router and turn it on. Hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds.
5) On your computer, visit http://192.168.1.1 NOTE: You will not be able to ping this address.
6) Upload the file openwrt-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n600-squashfs-factory.bin as downloaded earlier.
7) The router will now flash OpenWRT. This will take a couple of minutes to achieve. You can ping 192.168.1.1 and watch for ping replies to see when your router has rebooted into OpenWRT.
Enabling Telnet on Stock Firmware
1) Visit the administration page on the router (http://192.168.x.x) and login.
2) Enter the following URL: http://192.168.x.x/telnet.php
3) Enable telnetd, click save.
4) Log in with username "Alphanetworks", password "wrgnd16_wd_db600"
The UART is accessable via JP1 (which already has a header connected!). You will need a TTL to RS232 (ie a MAX232 circuit) to utilise this. See picture further down. The pinout is:
[TxD] [GND] [3.3v] [RxD]
Device Specific Terminology
On at least some WD N600 devices the ART-partition is named "radiocfg" in /proc/mtd. (knowing this could save you some time and/or allow proper pre-configuration backup.)
There seems to be a 5 x pin header and a 14 pin (not connected) test connector on the mainboard.
Looking under the main 'can', the CPU is:
Next to that, there's what looks to be 2 x RAM chips:
Under the second smaller 'can', I see another Atheros Chip:
toh/wd/n600.txt · Last modified: 2014/08/21 00:43 by subverciff