Dual Band (concurrent) and 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet (4 LAN / 1 WAN). Advertised as 750 Mbps it is Dual-Stream (2x2) on the 2.4 Ghz Band and Triple-Stream (3x3) on the 5 Ghz Band.
FCC ID: RRK-D2F
- Manufacturer Link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=720
|Atheros AR9344@560MHz||16MB||128MB||4x1 GigE||1x1 GigE WAN||2x 2.0||Yes||128|
- Download the file openwrt-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n750-squashfs-factory.bin
- Configure your computer's IP address to 192.168.1.10 and connect to a LAN port on the router.
- Turn the router off.
- Using a paperclip, press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the router and turn it on. Hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds. At this point, the blue power LED will be blinking. More details about steps 2-4 can be found at WD Emergency Recovery.
- On your computer, go to http://192.168.1.1 in your browser
- Upload the file openwrt-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n750-squashfs-factory.bin that you downloaded earlier.
- The router will now flash OpenWrt. This will take a couple of minutes to complete. You can ping 192.168.1.1 and watch for ping replies to see when your router has rebooted into OpenWrt.
- After that, you might want to set your SSH password via telnet. That will allow you to SSH into the router. Details can be found at First Login.
If you want the WPS push button authentication to work, you need to install the packages hostapd-utils and wpad and add the following line to /etc/config/wireless under the section config 'wifi-iface':
option 'wps_pushbutton' '1'
More details can be found at WPS Button
The default network configuration is:
|Interface Name||Description||Default configuration|
|br-lan||LAN & WiFi||192.168.1.1/24|
|vlan0 (eth0.0)||LAN ports (1 to 4)||None|
|vlan1 (eth0.1)||WAN port||DHCP|
|wlan0||WiFi 2.4 GHz||Disabled|
|wlan1||WiFi 5 GHz||Disabled|
Ports 1-4 directly correspond to ports 1-4 as labeled on the unit, port 5 is the Internet (WAN) on the unit, 0 is the internal connection to the CPU.
The switch has two types of LEDs: Green and yellow.
- Green LEDs indicate a gigabit connection.
- Yellow LEDs indicate a 100M connection.
- LED blinking indicates Rx/Tx activity.
|Instruction set:||MIPS MIPS 74Kc|
|Flash chip:||Winbond 25Q128BVFG|
|Flash size:||16384 KiB|
|RAM chip:||2x ESMT M14D5121632A-2.5B|
|Wireless #1:||Atheros AR9340 2x2 MIMO (integrated in SoC)|
|Wireless #2:||Atheros AR9380 5GHz 802.11an 3x3 MIMO|
|USB:||Yes 2 x 2.0 (Genesys GL850G)|
The serial port is prepopulated at JP1 and has the following pinout:
[TxD][GND][3.3] [RxD] (JP1 text)
toh/wd/n750.txt · Last modified: 2014/01/11 00:27 by heffer